When I first revealed this project I told you that I had in fact worked on it for a while. Case in point: The gloves.
I actually recieved my Boba Fett gloves back in September 2018. Here’s a few photos I snapped that day:
The gloves have been hiding in my closet for the better part of a year now, but I finally had the courage to paint them. Here’s a video of that (English subtitles available):
As you can see, research is important! I almost ruined the gloves due to a mistake. Luckily I noticed it in time, and I managed to salvage the paint job before the damage was irreversible.
While building my stormtrooper, my matra was “measure twice, cut once”. It applies on this project as well. From now on I will check the reference twice, paint once.
- A damp cloth
- Air brush
- Acrylic paint:
- Grey Deep
- Titanium White
- Burnt Umber
- Yellow Ochre
- Painters tape
- Sandpaper, 240 grit
- Isopropyl alcohol